Insurance and Travel Registry
All students, faculty, staff and guests participating in any international experience supported and/or funded by Radford University (study, internship, service learning, teaching, conference, research program, etc.) are required to register their travel with McGlothlin Global Education and Engagement.
How to RegisterGroup Travel: For faculty/staff members taking a group of students abroad for a conference or special event (not for academic credit).
Individual Travel: For members of the Radford University community who are traveling as individuals to conferences or special events (not for academic credit).
CISI Insurance All Radford University Employees and students traveling on university business are automatically enrolled in our international traveler insurance program when you register your travel via the required International Trip and Insurance form (above). Coverage is provided by CISI. Traveler Identification Cards will be emailed upon enrollment and travelers should carry the card with them while traveling. The CISI plan covers evacuation, repatriation, and medical coverage while traveling abroad.
For students, the cost of the insurance will automatically be billed to their student account. For faculty, staff and guests, the cost of the insurance will be billed to the appropriate department or unit.
Other health insurance plans are not accepted.
- Current Policy Information (Summary Handout)
- To file a claim, print an ID card, or view your benefits, please refer to your welcome packet email which contains your account activation.
- Visa letters and proof of enrollment are available in myCISI.com
- If a foreign government requires a student to enroll in their health insurance plan as a requirement for participation in their study abroad program, the student will not be required to enroll in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.
- Students attending a program in the U.S. or any American territory will not be enrolled in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.
- Students attending an ISEP program will be required to participate in the ISEP health insurance program. As a result, students will not be required to enroll in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.
- Students attending a study abroad program in which the international health insurance is included as part of the program fees will not be required to enroll in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.