Skip to content

Passport and Visa Information


A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel. Any individual leaving their country of citizenship must be in possession of a valid passport.

Radford University is a certified U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility by the U.S. Department of State. As an acceptance facility, we offer passport services to first-time passport applicants from the Radford University community as well as the general public. Please note that while we are able to assist you with any questions regarding a passport renewal, we do not accept passport renewal applications. Renewal applications are done via mail directly with the U.S. Department of State.

While we are happy to receive any walk-ins, it is highly recommended to schedule an appointment. Alternatively, you may contact us at (540) 831-6200 or to schedule an appointment. Applicants with appointments will be given priority over walk-ins.

Need a passport? Visit U.S. Department of State Passport Requirements

Note about minors: Passports issued to minors aged 16 or under cannot be renewed. As such, minors must always use first time applications.

Passport Pictures: For an additional $5, you may obtain your passport pictures at the time of your appointment.


A visa is a document that allows a student to stay on a particular country for the duration of his/her studies. A visa usually comes in the form of a "sticker" placed on a student's passport.

Many countries require students to have a student visa prior to arriving. Because of this, it is important that students research the host country requirements and processes for applying for a student visa. Information about students visas can also be found at the host country's Embassy or Consulate's webpage.

The McGlothlin Center for Global Education and Engagement will assist and guide students through the visa process as much as possible. However, it is the student's responsibility to apply for and obtain a visa.

Please note that Radford University and the McGlothlin Center for Global Education and Engagement are not responsible for any visa complications, errors, delays and/or rejections as student visas are issued at the sole discretion of the host country.

Visa Services

The following companies may be able to assist you in applying for your visa: